Is Your Technology Safe?
With more people than ever working from home, not everyone’s home technology is as prepared as it should be.
Your office has the digital safeguards in place to work securely, but not everyone has those protections at home. Some people are pulling out old personal devices with out of date software leaving their company and personal information vulnerable. But don’t worry; Intermedia Group is here to help with quick tips to defend and protect your information.
We recommend you take the following actions:
- Use strong passwords along with two factor authentication and/or two factor verification when possible.
- Lock your devices when you step away even at home.
- Protect your network.
- If you’ve never changed your router password, give it a secure one now.
- Require a unique password to access your connection if you don’t already.
- Set the encryption to WPA2 or WPA3.
- Turn off WPS.
- Don’t make your computer or device visible to others on the network, and disable sharing files.
- Update your software.
- The most up to date software ensures the best protection.
- Enable firewall and anti-virus software.
- Windows operating system comes with Windows Firewall and Windows Defender which is a basic anti-virus program.
- Consider implementing a firewall device for improved security of your home network and confidential information.
If you don’t have the time, Intermedia Group is here to help. With recommendations for software, help setting up your devices, and more, we will be happy to help you navigate the security decisions and get you on the safe road to success.